Ich? Or something worse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought I saw my apistogramma agassizi had ich. However, the spots look different than the other times I've dealt with ich and he seems to have several other symptoms. Fat lips and mouth open all the time. Breathing heavy, fins torn but he's the bully of the tank so I know it's not from the other fish. Hasn't been eating and is hiding. I've attached a picture of him less than a month ago and two pics of him in quarantine. He is normally in a 55 gallon heavily planted tank with an aquaclear 50 and aquaclear 70 and a small sponge filter. I do weekly 15 percent water changes and feed bloodworms once a week. Tank parameters are all at 0 with the nitrites at under 5 ppm. Temperature is at 81.4 degrees. Other fish are a koi angel, 2 pearl gourami, 10 rummynose tetra, a bristlenose pleco and a baby sae. Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451185602261.jpg
    1451185602261.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1451185618207.jpg
    1451185618207.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 52
  • 1451185662530.jpg
    1451185662530.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
Have you added anything recently eg plants where ich could come in? Also are the bloodworms disease free?

I can just see some tiny white dots at base of top fin and towards the tail ?

No I have not added anything since a sponge filter about a month and a half ago. The bloodworms are the frozen hikari blood worms. I have 4 other agassizii eating them without an issue for almost a year so unsure if that is the case. The male died in the night in the quarantine tank. so far all of my other fish are acting normally and such.

It all sounds fine.

Sad news on your loss :(

Best guess here would be bacterial or maybe viral as it seems parasites are unlikely. The relatively high temp would have suited a bacterial infection.

I think you were wise to shift to QT and fingers crossed on the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom