Ich--raised temps and inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I've got the beginnings of an ich outbreak--the "off" panda cory and two of the sterbas have a couple white specks now. Of course it shows up right after the end of a 2.5 week quarantine, so the Black Neons are in there now too. :facepalm:

I was looking at Kordon Ich Attack, which is safe for shrimp and snails. Has anyone raised the temp to 86* safely with inverts? Or if I'm going to do that, do I need to try and catch the shrimp? (not worried about catching snails...I move faster than them :lol:)

Being overly cautious :lol: Ok. Already started raising the temp. I'll save the money unless that doesn't take care of it. With only a couple spots on a couple fish, hopefully I caught it before it really had a chance to take off. >.>

Thank you ^_^

I'm doing ich treatment right now with heat and air stones, it hasn't done anything to my shrimp.

Cool. That makes me feel a lot better--I was reading up on the raising the temp and feeling comfortable until I came across one that said "but say good-bye to your ghost shrimp". I'm rather fond of my ghost shrimp--I have two huge females that love to swim across the front pane of the tank and look like mini lobsters, so yeah....*lol* Thanks ^_^

Read it :D Actually, that and another article were what got me thinking about doing the Kordon stuff as well. Kinda hit it on two fronts--the heat may kill it, the meds catch what the heat either doesn't or is slow about killing *lol* Kind of the same reason folks add salt, but safe for inverts and the corys.

Back
Top Bottom