Ich with shrimp, snails, neons, and clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annegrrrl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry for posting this, I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of hearing - and giving advice - about ich. It's 4:30am, I got up and found two of my little neons in difficulty at the top of my tank and upon further inspection of the other fish, I'm sure it's ich. I've got the 15 neons in a medicated quarantine tank (it may be too late for the two I found first). :sad:

I may be paranoid, but I put the mystery snail in a separate tank as well, he seems to be sensitive to these things and even if he can't get ich he does get stressed.

Left in the tank I currently have two amano shrimp and two clown loaches. I can't treat the loaches with the same meds I use on the neons, but it's recommended that I raise the temp slowly to 86F, as ich can't survive at this temperature.

Do I need to remove the shrimp to do this temperature raise? I don't want to harm them. I suppose I shouldn't put the snail back in for this either, right? How long should I keep the tank at 86F for? :?:

Thanks so much for the future help, I really appreciate it. I've had a tough month with this tank for some reason, I feel like I just can't catch a break.

You could always go with Kordon Rid-Ich, since it's safe for inverts and won't kill your biological filter (all natural).
I am not sure about the heat with the shrimp. I know when I had to raise my temp, my snail was NOT a happy camper! :(

Thanks

I think I am going to put the shrimp in the tank with the snail and let the loaches go through the temp raise alone in the main tank. Hopefully after water changes and the high temp the ich will be killed off and these poor guys will be able to go back "home".

The two little ones are still just barely holding on, though I suspect that they won't make it through the day. I feel like this whole thing came on so suddenly, this really sucks.

Thanks for the responses, I do appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom