ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GlitterMonkey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish caught ICH and died first time this has happened to me. What do I need to do with my tank now so I can buy new fish?

I would raise the temp to 35c to increase the ick cycle. 25% water change a day paying special attention to gravel cleaning. After a week the ick should have died out due to the high temp and lack of host. Return tank back to normal specs and check that the tank is cycling before slowly adding fish. Ideally put the new fish I'm a QT for 10 days to ensure that they are decease free before restocking the main tank.

I would raise the temp to 35c to increase the ick cycle. 25% water change a day paying special attention to gravel cleaning. After a week the ick should have died out due to the high temp and lack of host. Return tank back to normal specs and check that the tank is cycling before slowly adding fish. Ideally put the new fish I'm a QT for 10 days to ensure that they are decease free before restocking the main tank.

Assuming you can get the tank up to 35c and don't have live plants then that's a great plan. Most people's heaters aren't quite powerful enough for that feat though so 30c / 86f is the absolute bare minimum. You can skip the water changes too as there's nothing you're really trying to keep alive.

Back
Top Bottom