Ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I think my fish have gotten ick... Fish keep on dieing and they all look the same right before they die. It looks like they safe like peeling of and there's a whitish color around Tht spot then they can't swim and sink to the bottom and die or stick to the filter and die need help please if it's ick please tell me. Even if ur not sure just post wht. Think and I'll do some research. Thanks guys

If it looks like little white spots, kinda like salt on your fish, then its ich. When my tank got it i got some kordon rid-ich plus and turned my heater way up, around 86*. When you turn the heat up it speeds up the life cycle of the parasite so as long as you dose the tank right it will die off in about a week or so. Good luck.

And when you do water changes suck up the water from really close to the gravel so you get as many of the parasites as you can out of the tank before they can get on your fish.

Yes but nitrate and ammonia are a little high but not enough to kill any fish

What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph and what are you using to test (liquid or strips)? Tank size? Stocking? Water change schedule? It honestly does not sound like ich by the description you provided.

jlk said:
What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph and what are you using to test (liquid or strips)? Tank size? Stocking? Water change schedule? It honestly does not sound like ich by the description you provided.

Yes I think it's because I'm high in ammonia but my tap water is high in ammonia so wht should I do to get the ammonia down

If you have high ammonia in your tank & tap, start using a product such as Prime or Amquel Plus to help reduce the toxicity of ammonia. If you have high ammonia in your tap, you may want to talk to your water supplier regarding this.

jlk said:
If you have high ammonia in your tank & tap, start using a product such as Prime or Amquel Plus to help reduce the toxicity of ammonia. If you have high ammonia in your tap, you may want to talk to your water supplier regarding this.

+1 on this. It doesn't sound like ich to me. I think any ammonia can be harmful to fish.

Back
Top Bottom