ID help please ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beejaymorg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399928263.650268.jpg hey guys, I bought a pair of these guys a few
Days ago and can't for the life of me remember what they are called? Also does anybody know which is male and which is female. One has a lot less
Colour on the fins. Thankss :)

I believe theyre an Apistogramma cacatuoides pair.

The difference between males and females can be rather drastic. The females will be much less colorful and have shorter fins, while the males will have bright colors and much longer flowing fins. Hope this helped!

by the way, what are the tank specs?

Ahh my bad! Thank you! Had a little google of them and yes definatly that breed :)

Ahh my bad! Thank you! Had a little google of them and yes definatly that breed :)

Tank specs, tis a juwel 180 litres or 28 gallons :)

Thats a good tank size for this species, Im relieved! (y) Try adding some more DW or other cover for them as it'll provide territory for the pair to establish and, in turn, maybe they'll breed for you. Also, try adding some live plants!

I've got 4 live plants and atm I'm adding blood worn, 2 different types of pellets one that sinks to mid tank and one that floats plus a small amount of cucumber for the pleco, is where a there anything else you would suggest? The pleco has his own food but I'm finding it difficult to get his own food to him without anybody else eating it.

I've got 4 live plants and atm I'm adding blood worn, 2 different types of pellets one that sinks to mid tank and one that floats plus a small amount of cucumber for the pleco, is where a there anything else you would suggest? The pleco has his own food but I'm finding it difficult to get his own food to him without anybody else eating it.

That is absolutely wonderful that you are providing multiple types of food for your fish. It shows you genuinely care about their health and well-being. :flowers:

Plecos are always difficult to target feed. Has he been munching on the provided cucumber slice? As to the question about other foods for the pleco, I am unsure. Ive always shy'd away from them personally. Maybe try a shrimp sinking pellet? Hopefully someone else with far more experience than me can chime in!

Im sure if hes hungry, he wont be TOO picky about his food:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom