ID help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailingsprout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My LFS is such a pain in my butt. This is a bonded pair of something! One has beautiful blue eyes, both are a bit stressed from the move so their colors are darker than in the store. Any ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406844522.799076.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406844591.524985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406844591.524985.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406844591.524985.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 86
I'm gonna stick with cryptoheros cutteri, and that last pic appears to be an uaru amphicanthoides if I'm not mistaken, one of my favorites

I did post the auto by accident :) I looked up the cutteri (I'm spelling everything wrong right now I'm sure...but I did when I looked them up) and it looks nothing like these guys :/ hmm...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406845636.613536.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406845650.788619.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406845667.022761.jpg

Lol...still still?

Oops, uaru. I got two of them today also. I'm already loving them...

Hope you have a big tank and it's lightly stocked. Babies are notoriously difficult to raise and are extremely sensitive to water conditions, even nitrates

You definitely have a cryptoheros there but I'm more inclined to say it is sajica and just not displaying the t bar. Do you at anytime see it's lateral band and 1 one of the vertical bars mid body darken and form a sideways T?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Freakgecko, which fish is the concern for size and water quality about? The fish in question were gonna go in their own tank.

I'm studying them Gillie, I'll let you know

You definitely have a cryptoheros there but I'm more inclined to say it is sajica and just not displaying the t bar. Do you at anytime see it's lateral band and 1 one of the vertical bars mid body darken and form a sideways T?

The last few pics certainly look like a Sajica that's shy. Or overly emotional and insecure of its self image.

Well, she's new to modeling. That seems clear.

Freakgecko, which fish is the concern for size and water quality about? The fish in question were gonna go in their own tank.

I believe he was refering to the Uaru they get pretty big

I brought everyone back. I didn't want to risk bad water quality for the uaru or mixing regions for the originally posted. Bummer. All gorgeous fish. I'll get them more responsibly next time...

Uaru also grow extremely slow, 2-3 years before they would be at breeding age. You did probably the best thing you could. I would say from now on, don't purchase any fish on your visit. Scope out the fish, listen to what they say, and then go home and look it up. I often take pictures of the labels of fish I don't know at the store so I can research them. Either that or just google everything on your smart phone while in the store

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah. That's the plan from here on... Thanks for all your help!

No problem! If you ever have questions on the identity of a fish while at the store, post it here before you buy, if its a south or Central American species, Gillie or I should be able to help identify. There's a few other members on here more than capable of identifying as well :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom