ID my neon tetra sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killrsheep

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know what this disease is, only one of my tetras has it, its fins look fine, (it is just not moving the middle bottom ones) the "bruise" is symetrical on both sides, it is all pink & covers all that should be silver (xcept for the gills, those are still silver)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120518_191514.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120518_191514.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20120518_191528.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120518_191528.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 73
Belly up :(

My fish is gone now, i had him QT'd and added about half a tsp of Aquarium salt to the 2g QT tank, this morning i found it struggling to keep up witht the current caused by the filter ( i readjusted the direction of the line to lessen the current but it was too late), he was going belly up and sideways.

i just stayed with him till he couldnt deal with it no more and stopped breathing, poor thing

i added a pic of my fish, to this day im not sure what it was that killed him, but there is another one that has a bit of its blue line missing on one side and im scared that something might happen to it aswell, i have him QTd as of right now

By the way, i was told to raise the temperature to 28°C for the QT tank but that is my current water temp because of the weather conditions

Attachments

• is this NTD.jpg
    is this NTD.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 64
I am sorry about your fish :( Is there any chance this fish could have been injured somehow? If not, my best guess is an internal bacterial infection. Internal infections can be difficult to treat. Keep us posted if you start to have issues with your other fish.

I have no idea what that could be...so sorry about your fish:(
It looks like a wound but I noticed you mentioned something about it being symmetrical on both sides, so it is probably some type of disease...hmmm...sorry but I don't believe I can help you here:(

Back
Top Bottom