ID plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first unknown is micro sword i think
second is an amazon sword?
third maybe wisteria...
idk if the last 3 are right :l but the first 2 are definitely hornwort and a banana plant

I agree that the third one looks like microsword and the third is an amazon sword

The last one does kind of look like wisteria grown emersed (like most commercial growers do). Give it a few weeks and it'll be obvious one way or another.

aqua_chem said:
The last one does kind of look like wisteria grown emersed (like most commercial growers do). Give it a few weeks and it'll be obvious one way or another.

+1 yup

The amazon sword looks like emersed growth as well, that's how mine looked before the transition to submerged.

Do I have to do anything special for the transition? I have wisteria and it looks nothing like that . I also bought these out of the pots, nt the tubes

Do I have to do anything special for the transition? I have wisteria and it looks nothing like that . I also bought these out of the pots, nt the tubes

The only thing i do is give the plants time and trim the dying parts off, as they start showing, that way the plants can put energy towards new growth. My Amazon Sword looks nothing like it did when i first got it. I think the pots are still very hit and miss, it really depends on the supplier and how they are grown there. It's generally going to be cheaper for suppliers to grow the plants emersed since it requires a lot less water.

If you're unsure ask, the people here have been a wealth of great info! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom