ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

froggygirl37

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know the common name for this cichlid?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120427_223425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120427_223425.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 89
Brichardi.... daffodil? Nice fish.

Now how do you think thatll do with labs and a socolofi? Doesnt look good...

Birchardi are from a different lake and not recommended to keep with mbuna like labs and socolofi. However, they are generally peaceful unless spawning. When they spawn they would take over an entire tank and defend all the fry, often killing tankmates.

froggygirl37 said:
I was sold one and was told it was a rusty :-(

Definitely a Neolamprologus brichardi not even remotely close to a Rusty :-/ They typically should not be mixed with the fish you have. I would return the fish, go to a different store and buy a fish from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Unfortunately i had only heard a rusty was good and not seen a pic

froggygirl37 said:
Unfortunately i had only heard a rusty was good and not seen a pic

Oh well live and learn! It's always a good idea to research and look at lots of pictures of the fish you intend to buy so that way you're not blindly buying a fish or trusting the word of someone at the LFS that your buying the correct fish.

Mogurako said:
Oh well live and learn! It's always a good idea to research and look at lots of pictures of the fish you intend to buy so that way you're not blindly buying a fish or trusting the word of someone at the LFS that your buying the correct fish.

Ive learned that quickly :p thanks alot!

Back
Top Bottom