ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like. Scolymia to me. If it us its a goof find and don't underfeed it. They will starve over a period of 12 months.

It's an Indo scoly. I've had some I never fed. I don't think they need food if they have ample lighting and parameters. I do like to feed them though, and it seems they like it too.

Best eating coral I've had. I got one I'd those master ultra scolys but I have read they starve. I don't want to find out. I don't know much about an indo scoly

That's not true. I have an Aussie scoly in a tank I maintain that I can't reach. It's never been fed and it's been in there for a couple years doing fine. The Indos are basically the same, except for them being not as colorful.

So Indo Scoly? I have 4 T5 HO ATI bulbs (2 coral plus and 2 blue plus). Coral is roughly 12 inches from bulbs. Is this sufficient? If not what do I feed? Thanks.

I would put it lower, at least initially. They are not high light and mine always did best on the sand bed. It will take meaty foods. When the lights dim, put some food in the water column and see if it shows tentacles. If so, put some mysis or similar on the tentacles.

Back
Top Bottom