ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyWise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey! We have a hitchhiker in one of live rocks. Hoping its not aptasia. It's moved from where we first found it.

image-2664027388.jpg

Planning on it, lol. I read on another post that some shrimp eat them. I think it was candy cane shrimp? Can't remember...

Some use peppermint shrimp. I didn't have any luck with them. Get yourself some aiptasia X, joes juice or use lemon juice. Boil it and inject that demon from hell and watch it die.

If you use the X turn your power heads off, smother the demon and watch it die.

It's peppermint shrimp and my shrimp has been eating on my aiptasia and its going away really quick so it's really your choice on what you want to do. I would suggest if you do shrimp get more than one this will help speed the process up and they tend to move around more and eat more when they have friends around them

My husband actually boiled some water and dipped that side of the rock in it. Seems to be gone. We'll keep an eye on it though. Thanks for the info on the shrimp! Might get a pair anyways in case it shows back up.

Oh you can take the rock out? Dipping it in boiling water probably didn't work. As soon as you took the rock out it most likely retracted to protect itself. If you know the exact place where it is, take a lighter and burn it!!

Didn't retract ..... Boiled to a slimy death then scraped off and boiled again.

I've got one in a 6 month tank, I kept it and it hasn't moved or caused any harm (that I'm aware of) the horror stories frighten me but so does the bogie man

Back
Top Bottom