Id please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol google really. Worst place to get info. Im not gonna argue over a forum. But whatever you say my friend.

African Cichlids are my drug

Chewere also look very similar.

I am not saying I'm right just making an observation and giving my opinion. I don't want to make enemies on here. We all can learn from each other and I respect everyones opinion or advice. Sorry for seeming like I was coming off like an a-hole not my intentions.

All cichlids evolved from a common ancestor, and naming them and identifying them is a hard task. I run into people everyday that mislabel their fish. From what we know from the OP, and what we know about these rare cichlids deductive reasoning should tell us that he has a mutt, it may look like something else, but I highly doubt it's a pure breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Google image searches come in handy a lot more than you would think. They can tell you the variability within a species, close relatives, as well as their commonality within the hobby. I'm not new to cichlids, and I'm most certainly not new to fish.

Most fish featuring a collection point such as "Mozambique" wouldn't end up in a breeding farm for assorted mbuna, they would make more money labelling them as such, rather than just "assorted african cichlids" that are generally red zebra, blue zebras, kenyi, yellow lab, electric blue, auratus, and hybrids of all of these species

All cichlids evolved from a common ancestor, and naming them and identifying them is a hard task. I run into people everyday that mislabel their fish. From what we know from the OP, and what we know about these rare cichlids deductive reasoning should tell us that he has a mutt, it may look like something else, but I highly doubt it's a pure breed.

The op is a she not a he:) I didn't think it's a pure bred.. Well everyday I look at the fish he has more colour.. The red is staring to come out through his body.. Guess I have a mystery fish:)

I think it's a pretty good looking fish. I am not a purist. (Although I'm against blood parrots, silly mutant of a Cichlid)

Back
Top Bottom