ID/Sexing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should see some of the tanks on that Geo Life page, some of them are amazing, with really rare species (although no geo is really "common" as you don't see them in probably 75% of pet store)

Im a member there just haven't been on it in a while. for that exact reason. Any geos I have gotten here seem to be poorly bred or I just cant keep them healthy. May be the lake Michigan water not sure.

My water in michigan was TERRIBLE, even my anubias was dying. I move to Maryland, and in two months, every dying anubias I had already has 4-6 new leaves and good growth. I hated my water back home

If you were close to lake Michigan then you had the same as I do. I'm in a suburb of Chicago.

I was closer to Huron, about 45 minutes west of Detroit. Extremely hard well water. My pH was over 8. My tanganyikans loved it, but it caused issues with my south americans, probably why I've gotten more interested in Tangs rather than Souths

All my tanks are a consistent 8.2 and other than my sevs and carpintis I always had fin problems with my sa ca's

Yeah, that's tough. I actually am not sure what my tank is at, haven't really checked. Probably should do that right now, but my old tank was at 8.4!

7.2 from my tap (water that's been out for more than 24 hours too), so not too bad. My tank is over 7.6, but it has a lot of holey rock and base rock in it

Back
Top Bottom