Ideal KH and GH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pradeepcec

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Folks,

What is the ideal KH and GH for a new tank that has recently completed cycling and is housing 50% stocking of fish?

Here is the tetra 6-in-1 strip results.
IMG_8018.jpg

So if you see my alkalinity is quite low. How do I fix that? What is its adverse effect on the fish?

I did a PWC today to remove some nitrates and added 10ml of Tetra Aquabalance solution.

Thank you.

To be completely honest the most ideal gh and kh is a stable gh and kh using no buffering products to change. Those products cause more harm than good. Your water is perfectly fine for most if not all fish. Are you planning on adding plants. If so you actually want a little nitrates.

To be completely honest the most ideal gh and kh is a stable gh and kh using no buffering products to change. Those products cause more harm than good. Your water is perfectly fine for most if not all fish. Are you planning on adding plants. If so you actually want a little nitrates.

My tank is already planted. IMG_7418.jpg

Just attaching the picture of my tank so you get an Idea of how much plants are in. As you say, my kH and gH are stable and are always at this level.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom