Ideas for a 39g maintance crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mekachu04

Aquarium Advice Regular
It'll be Christmas before i can convince my flatmate to let me set up a second tanks, but a girl can dream, right?

I adore my LF danios, and its probably for the best that all my breeding attempts with them have failed. But my guppies are doing just fine, so im planning on separating them all by gender-two tanks.

Right now I've got kuhli loaches, Otos, and ghost shrimp as my clean up crew, but i was wondering if anyone had some ideas for the next tank? I love these guys to pieces, but I've got a chance to explore other ideas with this theoretical tank.

I get a lot of sunlight in my house, so algae is one of the big concerns.

So yeah. 39g tank with guppies and danios. The rest is up for suggestions!

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oooooh..... A dozen pygmy corys, a clown pleco, and some African dwarf frogs would be vey unique. Or if you are against frogs, how about a few panda or julii corys? It depends on your stocking preferences really.

If plants are not in your plan than I would look into a Cherax. They come in many sizes from 3"-12" their claws grow very large and this makes them hpoeless fish hunters-They can't catch a fish if you threw it at them. You can get a pair of apricote or tiger / zebera or go for the big splash with a red claw. Like most crayfish they have a personality and if you work with them they will come to the front of the tank to be fed. They are fun to watch and like little tanks that no obsticle can stop.

A bristlenose/clown pleco and a school of dwarf cories (peppered, bronze, pygmy, etc) would work out great. I'd recommend only one bristlenose pleco though, due to aggression over territory.

These are all awesome!
gives me some great things to look for at my local stores

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom