Ideas for stocking a 6G/23L Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the wood shrimp you're thinking of is the filter feeding shrimp that gets to be about 3 or so inches, five sounds like way too much for a 6 gallon tank. I've been doing some research on this same type of shrimp, however I'm planning on adding only a sigle one to my 20g long. Because they're filter feeders, they need a fast current and lots of space, it's recommended that they have a 15g or 20g space. If the current isn't strong enough, they won't be able to find food, and they'll starve.

Additionally, gouramis of any kind prefer stiller waters and would probably be really stressed in an environment suitable to the wood/bamboo shrimp or vice versa.

I don't really think those two species are compatible.

Okay, what about cherry shrimp? And I've decided upon getting the 12 gallon version of the tank.

Cherry shrimp would be perfect! That's something else I'm planning on putting in my 20g long. I only a few right now, but they have a very small bioload so you can have lots in a small space!

If you still have space, I'd look to bump up your cory numbers. Are you looking to get habrosus, hastaus, or pygmeus? Also forgive my spelling haha.

Cherry shrimp would be perfect! That's something else I'm planning on putting in my 20g long. I only a few right now, but they have a very small bioload so you can have lots in a small space!

If you still have space, I'd look to bump up your cory numbers. Are you looking to get habrosus, hastaus, or pygmeus? Also forgive my spelling haha.

Brilliant! I'm looking at getting pygmaeus corys I think. What food is appropriate for them?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

One of the three dwarf cories is the mid-level water dweller. Is this the pygmaeus? I just bought 11 habrosus, and they're much like typical cories just smaller. For my panda cories, I feed them Hikari sinking wafers, omega one shrimp pellets, and a mix of frozen foods (bloodworms, daphnia and spirulina brine shrimp). I'll probably feed the habrosus the same things!

If the pygmaeus is more of a mid-dweller, you can give more pellet based foods.

Back
Top Bottom