Ideas on small active fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I worry about with zebra daniosis that they are a little TOO active for the galaxies...haha. I'm really just looking for a small fish who want really hide. Like I said. I have a ten gallon that looks like it's only got plants in there...haha

I recommend boraras brigittae aka mosquito rasbora. I have a school of 11 in a 14 gal along with celestial pearl danios aka galaxy rasbora, pygmy cories and scarlet badis and they are beautiful little schoolers. They enjoy some floating plants to rest in a bit, but for the most part do not hide and school actively. I think with your other fish you should choose a micro/nano fish. It will look better IMO...plus anything else is going to to scare your galaxies..they are very timid fish.

I have a few sparkling gouramis in my 29 gallon. I love those little guys. Danios are definitely an active fish. There are a few different types of them you can probably find at your LFS. They are VERY hardy as well, make sure you keep a small school of them tho, they go kind of nuts on their own. The pink long finned danios are cool to look at but I hear they dye those.

siva said:
I recommend boraras brigittae aka mosquito rasbora. I have a school of 11 in a 14 gal along with celestial pearl danios aka galaxy rasbora, pygmy cories and scarlet badis and they are beautiful little schoolers. They enjoy some floating plants to rest in a bit, but for the most part do not hide and school actively. I think with your other fish you should choose a micro/nano fish. It will look better IMO...plus anything else is going to to scare your galaxies..they are very timid fish.

I agree with you. I wanted to make my ten a kind of Pygmy tank. I'll look into those mosquito rasbora!

I couldn't find any locally. See if a local lfs can order them for you. If not, I ordered mine from franksaquarium.com. Shipping can be expensive, but they are great quality fish. He offers other nano fish as well :)

I recommend rasbora espei or harlequin rasbora. I have 10 espeis and 12 harlequins in my 75. They play together a lot.

i also strongly agree with the Harlequin Rasboras. I am going to be getting 8 for my 15 gallon along with a Male Betta. They are active and school together, but not too active so as to stress out the betta. Since they are fine with a betta, which are really slow, I'm sure they'll be fine with the galaxy rasboras :) Also since the galaxies are so tiny, i would suggest getting 3 more along with 6 Harlequin Rasboras.

Hope I helped, Dan:)

I found myself some green eye rasboras for the 10. Very active and have a certain beauty to them. Thanks everyone for all the ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom