Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_boiii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I got this really cute fish at the store for nothing. They didn't know what it was and gave it for free. I am rather frustrated since I don't know what fish it is. Any help? It's very shiny with a black bottom tail fin and is about the same size and shape as a mannequin rasboraIMG_3254.jpg

Looks like a Glo fish. Danio I believe.

I have just done some research on glo fish. Never heard of them in my life but upon inspection, the fish in question is not a glo fish. Or not a glo danio. It has no resemblance but looks exactly like a rasbora body. Here are more pictures. It also schools with my other rasboras. Albino maybe? No red eyes but it is possible.IMG_3252.jpgIMG_3253.jpg I will post more pics tomorrowIMG_3252.jpg if needed. Thanks for help though

From what I can find it is not a penguin tertra. The pattern on the finnage is not quite the same.

That is exactly what I thought to begin with. Possibly a wild one or mutation?

Not sure if wild or potential mutation, could be a number of things. Looking at post #4, it's pretty clear the fish shares the exact body shape, fin placement, eye location/size etc. as the harlequin rasbora below it. Imo that's a harlequin rasbora, with distorted colors/lines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I HAVE FOUND IT. Through intense research I have concluded that it is a silver tip tertra. They're apparently kinda hard to find in this region and to get one for free is just lucky. Thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom