Identify Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LHughes77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought this cichlids over a year ago and when I got him he was small, young, and a vibrant yellow with black stripes - like a bumble bee. Now he is fully matured and has turned pretty much completely black. Months ago, where he was yellow turned black and where he was black was the only placed yellow remained. You can still vaguely see the remnants of his yellow in the first pic. What kind of african cichlids could he be? He is a gorgeous fish!

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2921257610.jpg
    image-2921257610.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-811487905.jpg
    image-811487905.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 113
Well the craziest thing has happened that I've never seen before. I introduced a new cichlid today and his yellow stripes are back. The original photo I took was at about 7:45pm. I just fed them and after proving he is "boss" of the tank he looks like this now! And now that the food is gone he's starting to fade to black again, right before my eyes. So neat to watch!

Attachments

• image-3429747562.jpg
    image-3429747562.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 87
Yes that is a bumblebee aka chamelion cichlid. They can change color on command. I have a large dominant male that is nearly all black.

Back
Top Bottom