If you have VHO or PC and want to see your Corals go crazy:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
m sure they do ;) But why not just call and ask, ask for the lighting dept and ask if they sell eggcrate lighting diffuser in black?

Black Eggcrate

Black would look nice, but don't you think that white would reflect more light??

I'm glad this thread happened :lol: Road trip to home depot this weekend!!! ok its only 10 minutes away, but anything that has to do with my tank makes me feel giddy, hahaha

I was also thinking that chrome would also reflect light back out of the tank and may be a bit "blinding" to viewers depending on the light source.

well as far as blinding goes i could tell people to just go sit down on the couch and enjoy :p Anyway, Reef made a good point about it being painted on, i dont see how it could be otherwise if its plastic. :cry: Well, at least it will be functional. :roll:

chrome

yes, I did think about the chrome color chipping off into the tank, or having the salt eat away at it....but it would be a good reflector...

I am going to look at what is available, not sure what I am going to do yet, but I like this idea alot.

One minor detail I left out..Its also $20 more then the white costs..

I just put the eggcrate on my freshwater tank today. Seems to work pretty well. I had new glass tops so the light got through good but this will keep me from having to clean them really good every week. Now the only thing keeping my tank from being brighter is all the rock stacked up to the top.

One minor detail I left out..Its also $20 more then the white costs..

it does look painted and it costs twice as much.

EDIT: eeps i missed a page!

anyway my 55s look like oafboys minus the hob :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom