If you were me, what would you do next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I started this fish adventure a little over a year ago and have come a long way and have learned so much. It all started with a 10 gallon tank for my then 5 year old with a couple of glofish and neon tetras, 2 tanks later and a lot of trial and error. I am ready to take a next step. I just got some plants in my 29g and not sure what I should do with them next. I don't know if I need to invest in Co2 or lighting, or what. I have been thinking of getting another fish too maybe, but not sure if I should get some to complete some of my fish that aren't in a complete school. Here is what I have now in my 29gal, if you were me, what would you do next?

29 Gallon tank with Aqueon 8000K Full Spectrum Daylight 17watt T8 bulb.
AquaClear 50 Filter and pool filter sand substrate.
Temperature set at 78F, and use airstone wall bubbler.

13 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
3 x Zebra Danio (Danio rerio)
2 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
1 x Julii Cory (Corydoras julii) (I think)
4 x White Skirt Tetra (Gymnocorymbus ternetzi)
2 x Albino Cory (Corydoras aeneus)

Anubias nana, Sword Plant, Lace Java Fern
planted Feb 2014 added root tabs.

Here is what it looks like right now.
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4%3A69%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3A8%3A%3D765%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A6%3C7%3C%3A%3B247ot1lsi

First I would up the number of zebra danios to a minimum of 6, and make sure you have a 2/1 ratio of female to male for the guppies.. What kind of tank are you looking for from there ? Maybe a dwarf gourami for a little colour ?

First I would up the number of zebra danios to a minimum of 6, and make sure you have a 2/1 ratio of female to male for the guppies.. What kind of tank are you looking for from there ? Maybe a dwarf gourami for a little colour ?
I just recently added the male guppies in there to separate them from the females in my daughters 10g, I had 2 males and 3 females, and now I have 5 fry, so I didn't want to overcrowd the 10gal. :)

I was thinking of the dwarf gouarmi would be a good centerpiece, but for some reason I haven't taken the plunge to get it yet.

Back
Top Bottom