I'm a daddy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jehubuddaka

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It's been forever since I posted on here, but my 300 gallon stock tank/indoor pond is still alive and kicking, and apparently breeding! I am not proud to admit, but about 2 weeks ago, my tank tipped the scales at 20 ppm nitrates. I quickly remedied the problem through a 30% water replacement over the next 2 days, and then 5% changes for the next 5 days. it's a big tank, so I have to generally do smaller changes or my back starts aching. Well, I'd let it go 2 months without even a little one, and when I tested it I freaked and started changing water like crazy(while still leaving time for the 20gallon tub to be all aquasafed before dumping).

2 weeks later, and in the peak of the hot season here in Wisconsin, and I have about a dozen little fish that I did NOT purchase swimming around in my tank!

I have 6 goldfish, 9 danio(variety), and 4 guppies. I recently got some fake plants up higher towards the surface(like 1.5 inches down), but didn't see any eggs in them. What kind of fish do you think I ended up with??

Thanks,
Rickie

I am not proud to admit, but about 2 weeks ago, my tank tipped the scales at 20 ppm nitrates. I quickly remedied the problem through a 30% water replacement over the next 2 days, and then 5% changes for the next 5 days.

20ppm nitrAtes is nothing to worry about :) Your fish are fine, and I'm glad they're breeding!

--Adeeb

It's the worst I ever let it get, so it had me worried a lot. thanks for the calming comment :D

Back
Top Bottom