I'm Back...for Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's been a while since I've posted here. Work has a hold of all my time. I got a Nikon D90 (dSLR), and it's inspired me to clean up my tanks. I had a few questions since I've been out of the game.

1. The only algae I get is the green dust algae. I know I can scrape this off with a razor and water change, but how do I get at it closer to the silicon corners and at the bottom where the sand meets it? I'd just like to clean up as best as I can.

2. My Angelfish pulls the leaves from everything except my Java Fern and Anubias nana. Is there a stem plant they won't touch so I'm not constantly netting leaves off the surface of the water?

Other than that, I've decided to make my tank as maintenance free as possible with easy to care for plants. I probably won't be here regularly, just stopping in when I have question or want to share updates.

Welcome back! um... C. Wendtii is a low light easy to take care of plant. More of a middle/fourground plant should be fine against the angles. Some hornwort prob wouldn't be bad either, or some java moss or even some amazon swords

Back
Top Bottom