Im having flow problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now my problem came from a cyano bloom that just kinda popped up and I cant seem to shake it and the more I pick off the more it seems to spread. Im still learning but this one is giving me a headache...I am working on creating proper water flow in my tank. I have an emperor 400 and 2 small powerheads that cycle roughly 175 gallons a piece so thats 350 gal by pwrheads and 400ish with the emperor for a total of roughly 750gph that are moving, my water is correct, i dont have a test kit for nutrients and organic compounds I just have a basic nitrate/ite ph the basic 6 so I had my LFS test it and its fine, I do alot of small water changes and I feed my fish every other day sometimes longer. I have a pwrcmpt light 130 wats bulbs are less than a month old, 1 10k daylight and 1 actinic blue.

Now I am thinking I need more movement in the tank but Im not sure as to how much or where I should put them. The general rules of thumb I read and hear about really dont apply to my tank because of its shape(I found this out the hard way..) I have a couple pics of the tank so you can get an Idea of what I am working with.the first pic is looking down in the tank & the second is a side shot of the tank

Attachments

• looking down.jpg
    looking down.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 65
  • newest front shot.jpg
    newest front shot.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom