Im really confused and slightly disturbed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a particular fondness for the "dried flat sea urchin" myself. Aparently it also serves as an 11" aquarium. Multifunctional objects are cool.

In this sellers other items they are actually listsed as non-living. At least the googly eyed trigger fish is.

That is some really bad taxidermy.

These things are all over, especially in Florida. They are a kind of ornament, with a fishing line loop at the top, so you can hang them up. I used to see them all of the time but they were small, maybe 3" across. Pity.

Is it a REAL dried fish? It just looks so fake and plastic. The crowning touch is the goofy googly eyes!

Yep, a real dried fish, stuffed with fluff and coated in shellac. I guess they think of it like a starfish or something you would find on the beach and hang up on display, but I swear I don't know about those eyes!

I have never seen or heard anything like that. I thought maybe these people are weird and are selling live puffers, but they used a taxidermic picture of one instead of a real one. I surely thought they weren't selling THAT as is *blech*

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these are very poorly taxidermied specimens. The googly eyes are also not my cup of tea. Then again I don't really like the idea of keeping taxidermied animals these days...

I have a taxidermied puffer somewhere in my collection of misc. junk. The taxidermy was of excellent quality and had no googly eyes, just a flap of skin where eyes once set. Oddly the fish is not stuffed, he is hollow. My mother figured this was a good way to illustrate how my temper was much like a puffer. Of course I puffed up at any excuse unlike a puffer. the joke was lost on me until I was much older and slightly more mature. hmmm....My mother must have a thing for the ocean. I recall a talk once about how my friends were like flotsam and jetsam.

Back
Top Bottom