I'm Weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

statisticsnerd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a new can of fish flakes yesterday. I've always loved the smell of fish meal, so I decided to take a pinch and eat it. 8O

It actually isn't that bad. It's hard to describe, but I woud say it's taste is similar to that of bread. Have any of you done the same? Man, I feel like such a nerd.

I can not say I have and really hate the smell, hence the reason I feed frozen more often than flake lol. ANy one tried bloodworm then :lol: :idea:

I think it would be horrible ROFL

Wow.... I've never heard that one before.

It's more expensive than steak, so it's not like you're eating cheap.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww that is SO gross!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha. ok, i admit it, i once tried a dog biscuit to see what it tasted like. ok, and for a while, i used to bake special dog bisuits for my dog. but fish food???? that's where i draw the line!

you ARE weird :):):)

ROFL :lol:

I hate the smell, so I don't think I would try it, and I've never heard of anyone who tried flake.

But I know one guy at one of my LFS that eats catfish wafers. He urged me to try it, and I have to say that it was one of the nastiest tasting things I have ever eaten.

I think Jerry Seinfeld said it best...
"Yikes....well good luck with..aaall that!" :lol:

I've never been tempted to taste my fish' flake food - it smells like the pier at low tide.

However, I have tasted rodent chow. There was a valid, scientific reason for me to do so. BTW, mouse chow tastes like an original Power Bar. :wink:

Yeah the algea wafers smell kind've like the wrapping for sushi rolls, but I can't bring myself to try them... hmm... just realized that I eat sushi yet love fish, seems kinda sick now that I think about it.

I had sushi when I was in Japan, loved it. Sushi bars are awsome there. But I still don't think I'll try fish food, freeze dried, flake, or frozen, LOL

Lonewolfblue said:
I had sushi when I was in Japan, loved it. Sushi bars are awsome there. But I still don't think I'll try fish food, freeze dried, flake, or frozen, LOL

Heh, I have sushi almost daily....there are 10 sushi bars within a 5 minute walk of my front door (plus I make my own)......and I have a huge stockpile of nori (the seaweed wrap) in my cupboard for snacking on....and none of it tastes anything like fish food, believe you me.

They're all over the place in NY. Just most of them aren't really Japanese and aren't that good. And the good ones cost a fortune to eat at.. probably still cheaper than it's weight in fish food though.

Back
Top Bottom