Improving my WC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackwagon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is the scenario:

my outdoor water GH is 2
My indoor water GH is 14+

I have been doing a 50:50 mix with 5 gallon buckets for the last 4 months and this is getting a little old for my 55 gallon. Is there anyway i could use a python for anything? What is the highest GH tropical fish can survive?

The world may end by me saying this but here it goes. I wouldnt worry about it I have never once in 18 some years ( rough estimate ) tested for it.

Water Chemistry

Here is the scenario:

my outdoor water GH is 2
My indoor water GH is 14+

I have been doing a 50:50 mix with 5 gallon buckets for the last 4 months and this is getting a little old for my 55 gallon. Is there anyway i could use a python for anything? What is the highest GH tropical fish can survive?

Hello jack...

Unless you keep and breed rare fish, you don't need to fret over pH, hardness or any of that. The vast majority of aquarium fish will adapt to the vast majority of public water supplies.

Treat the tap water for ammonia, chlorine and chloramine and make sure the new water temp is close to that in the tank and syphon it right in.

B

Back
Top Bottom