In a Mist of Changing to Sand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Removed all my Plants and Deco/Dw and apon replacing it all My Sand has become quite dirty looking, alots a Loose Java moss and alittle specs of waste. My Question is... Would it be all right to Remove all the Plants and Deco to skim the top of the sand to clean it up, or just work around it all?

:facepalm:

I Also Forgot to Mention, I have 15 Pearl blue Shrimp coming Soon, Wife Insited on having em... Will They Help keep the Sand Clean?

I use a Turkey baster to blow it into a pile. I made a little valley in my sand and the waste gets trapped there. It is easy to clean that way.

You can just vacuum it easily.

Don't vacuum too close to the sand or it'll suck it up, just hover 1 inche above the sand.

I don't believe the Blue Pearl Shrimp will keep it clean. They will to a point, but not all of it IME.

your sand will be moved by your water circulation grain by grain when i hoover remove it and put it back where you want it i also guard it by plants and change my flow of water to suit dont dig around your sand will let you know where it wants to be

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom