In case there is a power outtage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezyrae

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, just wanna be proactive here , I was wondering what I should invest in to help my Biocube 29 stay up and running in case of a power outtage. I live in a condo so a generator is out of the question. Thanx to all advice 

Honda makes some small generators that could handle your tank but they're not cheap.

If you can't have a generator, you could try a power inverter. It either plugs into the cigarette lighter or hooks up straight to the battery of your car. Its kind of inconvenient, but it can save your tank in a pinch.

Thanx ballin, would I have to charge it through the car and then bring it upstairs to run the tank?

Ahh you live upstairs. That might be a problem. Generally you leave it plugged into your car. The kind that hooks up to the battery can be brought inside with an extra battery, but with no way to keep the battery charged it dies pretty quick. Found that out the hard way.

Awww sorry to hear that  yeah I think it's gonna be next to impossible. I'm surprised the industry hasn't made anything for these situations 

You could get a computer battery backup (ups). If you just ran a filter / air pump, it would run for hours. The heater and lights would eat up the time it would run.

Awesome guys !!! Ty sooo much!!! I've been doing some research and it's sooooo confusing  lol

spkehl said:
You could get a computer battery backup (ups). If you just ran a filter / air pump, it would run for hours. The heater and lights would eat up the time it would run.

Do u know how many watts I should get if I just ran the Biocube 29 filter? I don't need to run lights or whatever.

Strawman said:
Your can pull fifty watts from a telephone Jack if u need it in a pinch. But it requires a bit of rewiring

Lol awesome info!! however I wouldn't even begin to kno how to do that let alone trust myself lol

Back
Top Bottom