In My fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
My female betta keeps picking at my snail and it won't let it do it job should I move her

Yes, you should probably move her. Your tank is 10 or 12g right? Even so, if the betta is picking at the snail too much, you should separate them if you want the snail to stay alive. Some fish can't resist the eye stalks on snails and will pick at them relentlessly. Nerite snails do not come as far out of their shells as other snails do, so they often make better tankmates for nippy fish than mystery snails, apple snails, or even pond snails IME.

absolutangel04 said:
Yes, you should probably move her. Your tank is 10 or 12g right? Even so, if the betta is picking at the snail too much, you should separate them if you want the snail to stay alive. Some fish can't resist the eye stalks on snails and will pick at them relentlessly. Nerite snails do not come as far out of their shells as other snails do, so they often make better tankmates for nippy fish than mystery snails, apple snails, or even pond snails IME.

Yea it's a 10 gallon is it normal if my Cory catfish is rolling over when it's finding food on the floor

My corys roll over sometimes while feeding. I always jump up like a mad woman and check for white spot but it's just them being their quirky little selves!

absolutangel04 said:
Rolling over how? That doesn't sound normal, but maybe I am picturing it wrong.

They like stand rly still for a long time then do like a death roll or something

AnabantoidLover said:
My corys roll over sometimes while feeding. I always jump up like a mad woman and check for white spot but it's just them being their quirky little selves!

A white spot?

Pckerfreak44 said:
If they have white spots on them it could be ich, which is a very common and sometimes deadly disease in fish.

I checked them they don't have em :)

Pckerfreak44 said:
Then it should be normal. I've never heard of or seen cories do that before tho haha looks like you got some special ones ;)

Awesome how long does it take for cory cats to fully mature because mine r still young

image-4207730879.jpg

Because my snail is bigger than both of them and I had them for almost a month

Pckerfreak44 said:
Yeah I'm not sure, I've only had bronze and peppered cories.

Yea I think there bronze does ur have a green tint on its rib area

Pckerfreak44 said:
Post a pic of it. I had my bronze awhile ago I don't rememer

Okay they r the same but have 2 names do u know about them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom