In tank refugium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cxAcan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 35 reef and recently stumbled apon a small in tank refugium,, just curious if anyone has any experience with this or any advice on wether or not it's a good or bad idea

image-3139415048.jpg

how is your tank doing? do you need to reduce nitrates/phosphates, or do you just want to? Your pic looks pretty nice, I don't see any algae problems, so IMO don't fix it if it ain't broke. But, if you still want to do it, think about the atheistic, what will it look like in there, also...plan on running the lights with the tank, or on an opposite schedule? Finally, I once started a diy in tank refugium...macro algae got out, and I'll never be rid of it...so be careful there.

Thanks for the good I advice I do love how it looks now and it's only been getting better with time.. Part of the addiction of the hobby is always wanting to add I just have to learn to be patient and let nature take its course

A guest speaker at an orchid convention I went to this weekend said something I'll never forget. "When we get an orchid for the first time... well, we love them to death." I think this applies to salt tanks too. Best thing to do is make changes slowly, and stay on top of your game. Hold onto that refugium, and when the time comes you'll have it. They're great nutrient export systems, and they'll grow you a nice bunch of 'pods.

I was thinking about buying one made by Nextreef. In the end opted out modding my Aquaclear into a mini fuge because I already had it and bought a nice LED light for it on sale at my LFS. Getting Chaeto tomorrow.

I am doing it to get my nitrates and phosphates to 0.

image-3632379054.jpg

Back
Top Bottom