in the endler shop...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
They had some listed as 7$ and others listed 40 dollars more but on the pic they both look similar

What are the differences?

Indeed some pics would be nice. And do you have a link to this site so I could take a peek overthere? You got me curious as well with these price differences. Or maybe it's got to do with the class. So, N-, P- or K-class. N-class are sold for higher prices then K- or P-class eventhough they might look similar in appearance.

Pics would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Indeed some pics would be nice. And do you have a link to this site so I could take a peek overthere? You got me curious as well with these price differences. Or maybe it's got to do with the class. So, N-, P- or K-class. N-class are sold for higher prices then K- or P-class eventhough they might look similar in appearance.
The Endler Shop - Order

It's says right on one of the pages

"Class refers to a fish’s documented lineage or how pure-bred / hybridized it is. Strain refers to groupings of characteristics which breed true generation after generation. Many of the Strains noted below were found in original wild populations and some were derived from captive line breeding. Grade refers to standards individual fish can be compared against as they relate to a ”prime” or “perfect” specimen within a given Strain.

There are three recognized Classes of Endlers and numerous Strains:

N Class: Are documented to have originated from their native waters in Venezuela and are considered genetically "pure". This also includes all progeny from these Endlers when bred with other N Class Endlers. Strains include: Black Bar, Peacock, Red Chest, Double Red Stripe, Snake Chest, Flame Tail, Center Peacock.

P Class: Appear to have characteristics of an N Class Endler, but whose origins and pedigree are not documented. Strains are similar to N Class.

K Class: Are known to have been crossbred with other live-bearing species, such as Poecilia reticulate (guppy). There are many strains."

The $6 are B/C grade
The $50 are A grade

The differences may be subtle to your eyes. But if you were looking for show quality Endlers, you would be looking for A grade. For nice-looking pets you can buy B or C grade and probably be just as happy.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Difference between breeding show quality quickly and having to cull and search for A grades over time. At least that's my theory.

You still have to know what to look for and develop an "eye". I show dogs, so I'm used to picking out details.

is it worth the better grades? It's just aesthetics?

You still have to know what to look for and develop an "eye". I show dogs, so I'm used to picking out details.

I know what you mean...
I'm keeping and breeding endlers for 10 years now. And I'm judging also endlers of all three classes at competitions and championships in Holland and Germany. So yeah, you really need an eye for this...

is it worth the better grades? It's just aesthetics?

That's just a matter of personal preference. A-grade doesn't have to be your kind of fish to start with. Everybody has a personal preference of what he or she likes. There are even so-called A-grades that just don't appeal to me.

But if I have to judge them at a competition than I will stick to the rules of course. Than I have to put my personal preference aside. In case we have a tie, only then we'll give our personal preference.

I've got a bit over 30 different endler strains overhere and they differ a lot in appearrance. Again, it's a matter of personal preference...

Back
Top Bottom