Inactive fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever had a tank where the fish were not active? My tank is boring! The fish don't swim much, they don't interact at all. The only time they come out of their spaces is to feed. Then they eat and then go back to just sitting around. This isn't new. It's kind of always been like this . Nothing has changed. I have tried keeping the lights on, turning them off, changing temp, checked the water levels, I rearranged the tank to see If that would liven them up and nothing! . Any suggestions???

I have a jack Dempsey, a green terror, and a jade goby, also one I don't know what it is. That's the only one you ever see. And it's this tiny little guy. They have always been this way. I have had the jd the longest going on 3 years now and the other 2 about 2 years. I guess I should be happy that there is no aggression but it looks like I have an empty tank besides my Pleco!!

That is normal for JD and GT and the Goby. You could put in giant danios, silver dollars, or bosemani rainbows to act as dithers and bring them out. I would get a school of at least 5.

How big is your tank?

Out of the 3, the giant danios have the lowest bio-load. They are pretty large at adult size and won't fit in their mouth. Watch your nitrates and keep it below 20ppm. Adding more fish will add more bio-load. If they are still not drawn out by the dither fish within 2 months, you could always sell the dithers or get fish store credit.

It's an idea but I don't really like the look of the danios. I have enough bioload from my Pleco!! Lol that thing leaves a mess!

Back
Top Bottom