Induced breeding diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not sure if its just the season for my Goldies to be gravid or if the diet they've been on has something to do with it but normally they are kept on a fairly low protein diet (mainly algae and mosquito larvae and natural foods in the pond) and recently I've been giving them blood worms and brine shrimp. Now one of my scaless white Goldies looks gravid. I'm not sure if she is really a she but she's a few years old and is being chased around a bit. I know its not dropsy or anything because her scales aren't pineconed and I've never had dropsy in any of my ponds. I'm going to try to make a DIY spawning mop and hopefully there's a male in there and they will spawn. It's sort of weird since I can't see any breeding stars on the other goldfish. The pond is probably around 100g but there's only 4 goldfish in there. 3 comets and one fancy. The fancy goldfish keeps up well and is not bullied at all so no concerns there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My goldfish try to spawn every morning it seems. I can tell the females by how round their bodies are compared to the evenly tapered body of the males.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom