inherited a tank, wanting to make sure the fish are happy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twilyte

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi, i'm new here.:) My neighbor moved away, but he gave us his aquarium because he felt that he couldnt take it with him (too much hassle maybe). anyway, so we have this tank, but im curious as to how many gallons it is. my parents like the tank, although they didn't really want it at first but didn't want to pass it up. i ended up liking it quite a bit and it's very interesting. i'm curious as to the gallons so i don't end up overstocking (or plainly just know when enough is enough, i like what i've got in it, and i want to make sure all the fish are happy and comfortable) it doesn't look to be an extraordinarily large tank. it measures ~3'11'' long, ~1ft wide, ~1'5'' tall. any reply/suggestion would be highly appreciated, thank you.:)

thank you so so much.:) ack, it seems a bit small.. was praying to god it was ~55gal at least.. well, we have two 1inch striped damsels, one big ~2(maybe a little less)domino damsel, a ~1 1/2inch sebae, an anenome(we have proper lighting.. my grandma helped us out.. she has a developed big tank), a 2inch coral beauty, a coral banded shrimp, a blue linckia starfish, a bicolor pseudochromis a ~2inch yellow tang, and some strange little 1inch fish that i dont know what it is. is this too crowded?

p.s. it appears i posted my newbie question in the wrong forum. totally didn't see the starting out forum... sorry! :)

I'm not sure it's in the wrong forum exactly. I wouldn't worry about that. I think the calc. is off cause I have a 55 gal that is 4 ft x 1ft x 1 1/2 ft and that's about the same measurements you gave for your tank. So it might be a 55 after all. Maybe one of the mods. can help with this.

I will tell you the tang has gotta go. Min. tank requirements for a tang is 75 gal. You may want to talk to you lfs and see if he has a smaller one you can trade down to. :mrgreen: of maybe trade him in on something smaller.

Yes you are a little overcrowded but if you get the tang out you would probally be ok as long as you watch the water parm. very closely.

HTH.

A few things

1. That tank is to small for any tang

2. A linka will more than likely starve over time

3. That anemone is severely bleached

What type of lighting do you have?

Back
Top Bottom