injured loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starbearninja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
we moved and my dojo loach developed a large whit spot half way down his side, i think he might have gotten scraped up or maybe he got bullied or tried to squeeze into a place he didn't fit. any who its crazy trying to get everything done when you move so i'm not sure when ill be able to post water quality numbers because i haven't found a box with a few of my fish things. the only empty tank i have to set up a hospital tank in is an old 1.5 gallon i moved most of the water from the original tank before the move, can i use that and take the water from my other tank to keep him safe(away from other fish who might pick on him) and do daily water changes to help him heal? i'm open to all advise. cant photograph at the moment as he is sleeping. i know this is my first post but i appreciate you reading

That's definitely a fantastic plan. If it isn't too serious, he'll heal up a treat all on his own. If it gets worse, you can always medicate the tank a little to help him along. I've (knock on wood) not yet had to use any of the meds I keep on hand just in case, but someone else here will be able to further advise on that point.

Back
Top Bottom