inline co2 reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a co2 system for a few weeks and i am already tired of all the bubbles in the tank (i use a ceramic defuser ) i am looking into buying/ making an inline co2 thing. My problem is that the fluval 305 does not come with rubber tubing to stick on the ends. How would i connect it to the tubing?

You can make a DIY CO2 bottle with water, sugar and yeast and just stick the line into the input for the canister. The canister will dissolve 100% of the CO2 in the water.

I am sorry I forgot to state that I already have a pressurized co2 system. I am just looking for a better diffusion method.

Thanks. For that set up I would have to change my tubing on my filter is this possible? The fluval tubing will not work

fishfanatic said:
Thanks. For that set up I would have to change my tubing on my filter is this possible? The fluval tubing will not work

Yes it is. I completely changed the outflow hose on mine. You can also changed the part where the hose connects to the reactor with the same size as your filter tubes.

That is good to know. So just any tubing that is the same size will work?

I'm using a clear tube that I bought from ACE. Now I can see stuff growing in the tube. I'm fine with it but if it will bother you I'll get a solid color tube.

The hose/tubing should be flexible so that it won't fold.

Fold or bend that it will constrict or reduce water flow.

Thanks for all the help. I will work on getting some tubing and building the reactor. One quick question how do you stop the canister filter from pumping water into your co2 system?

Use a check valve. I use 2 to be safe but I don't think it's necessary. One near the reactor and the other close to the CO2.

O that makes since. And I just so happen to have 2 check valves. :)

I just finished putting it together :)
I would post a picture but the app on my phone is not working. I think I looks good for my first one. Thanks to your help!

so i got my inline co2 thing all hooked up and that went well. then i started the co2, every once in a while ( every 10 seconds) a herd of bubbles come baraling out of the out put. is this normal

could it be that my reactor is on its side?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom