Inspect my wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lardeelion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two pieces of driftwood in this tank that I like. I just put in the third, the tall one, in the middle to see how it looked. I really don't love it. I've been giving it an hour to see if I change my mind and in the meantime one of my rams moved right in. He/she seems happy there. Any aquascaping suggestions?

The driftwood on the left is just tied to a rock until it sinks, so I can move it around too.

Does that tall piece seem out of place? I'm not warming up to it. Apparently the ram is.

Attachments

• image-3981074097.jpg
    image-3981074097.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 143
try laying the tall piece on its side, or burying the long end into the substrate to make a mound, or use the long end as a cave floor while using a few more DW pieces to make the cave it self

It doesn't look bad. It is not dead center, but a little to the left, which makes it work. See if you can make it lean a little to the left, like the wood on the right side. That way you can get a 'flow' pattern.

Looks good.

David

i just want to know where everyone finds those awesome smaller pieces of drift wood. i need one or two pieces for my tank and cant seem to find any on the internet.

i say leave it where it is though, its more.....natural :D

I'm fortunate that a LFS by me has a very large selection of driftwood to choose from.

i just want to know where everyone finds those awesome smaller pieces of drift wood. i need one or two pieces for my tank and cant seem to find any on the internet.

i say leave it where it is though, its more.....natural :D

eBay. My problem is I rarely am willing to pay much so I don't get into bidding wars over about $25. That's Ohio River driftwood.

Which is ironic because I live by the Ohio River and probably could save myself some time if I'd just get my boots on and go down there.

I'm from WV !!!!!! boil boil boil the wood for days if you pull it out of that nasty river !!!!!!

OMG no !! I used to live in the 3 rivers area of Pittsburgh. Don't know which is worse Allegheny, Monongahelia (sp?) or Ohio ?

I have to force myself to be serious on this forum, sometimes. ;-)

I'm going to try to tip it to the left for a day and see how it looks. I moved the riccia over to the rocks so it doesn't look like a scraggly teenage beard. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow for opinions.

OMG no !! I used to live in the 3 rivers area of Pittsburgh. Don't know which is worse Allegheny, Monongahelia (sp?) or Ohio ?

Haha...probably the Ohio because it's the best of both.

I've caught some smelly catfish in that river. Blech! They say it's a lot cleaner than it used to be, but I still don't take my kids tubing on it.

Now all you have to do is add a non-green plant to give the tank a pop of color and I think you'll be set!

Red tiger lotus should be in the mail! Trying to thin out the wisteria on the left and thicken the rotala and camboba. Love that camboba!

Yeah you kind of have that jungle look going on the left.. lol. My cabomba furcata is doing good. Are you taking cuttings of both the rotala and cabomba and replanting them?

Yeah it's way too jungly. It's gotta go. The rams love it so much that I have to do it slowly, though.

Been cutting and replanting, yes. I'm too cheap to buy another bunch.

Would the camboba furcata thrive in my tank? If you recall my light is decent but not like yours, Rcats.

Back
Top Bottom