Introducing new fish to six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Classic story, aquarium shop sells fish knowing its a new tank, and fails to mention the possibility of problems later.

I have one six line wrasse, and two baby clowns. I'm reddy to add new fish, but dont want my six line becoming aggressive. Whats the best way to introduce new fish to this one, or things about the new fish to look at?

Thanks,

Take out the sixline if you can catch him, add the new fish, and a little while later add the sixline. He will come back and be like what the heck just heppened. Should help :)

crister13 said:
What size tank? I've noticed that over feeding helps too.

75 gal,

Also have three peppermint shrimp, two emrold crabs, a turbo snail, and three smaller snails (ones that start with an a :p).

I'll add coral soon, and will grow my clean up crew latter with a bristle star, sand star, probably an arrow crab and cleaner shrimp.

You could also rearrange the decor the night before and add the new fish ASAP.

Hmmm...I've had 3 six lines and never had one become aggressive with later additions, especially if there are already other fish in the tank. Just my experience though.

You should be fine with a 75 gallon. I'd just turn the lights off for a couple hours and not feed for awhile.

I got a sixline for my first fish as well. He is kinda small but I have had no issues with introducing my fire fish and cleaner shrimp, I just made sure he was a fat wrasse before adding my shrimp so I didn't end up giving him a $20 meal. I don't even eat that well. All has gone well and I love the motion the sixline adds to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom