Invert chat, <3 spineless critters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to hear about the RCS, maybe the invert flu hit your tank :( I hate mysterious deaths.

I want them so bad. How long have you had the crabbies? Where'd you get them, and for how much? I'm hoping in my 5g, with a few less hidey places, I'll get to view them more. No chance of a successful breed have you?

I cant honestly express how badly I want a fluval edge.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to transport, like I said, I move my tank 4 times a year. It is a miracle this thing hasn't busted or sprung a leak yet. WalMart has a good product on this one :eek:.

MABJ said:
I'm sorry to hear about the RCS, maybe the invert flu hit your tank :( I hate mysterious deaths.

I want them so bad. How long have you had the crabbies? Where'd you get them, and for how much? I'm hoping in my 5g, with a few less hidey places, I'll get to view them more. No chance of a successful breed have you?

I cant honestly express how badly I want a fluval edge.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to transport, like I said, I move my tank 4 times a year. It is a miracle this thing hasn't busted or sprung a leak yet. WalMart has a good product on this one :eek:.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that:(

I've had them for at least 3 months now. I got them from my LFS who specializes in inverts:) they were in a high grade CRS tank, so I knew I could trust them with my RCS lol no, they are know to be EXTREMELY hard to breed and raise, but the hardest part is raising the babies. I've read that they NEED 24/7 light when young.

6 dollar fish which may only live a year or so :\ I'm not so sure about this'n

+1 for this idea.
I currently have:
1 Zebra Nerite and 2 Japanese Clear Shrimp (not sure species?) in my 55 g
1 GIGANTIC albino snail, 1 large brown mystery snail, and 2 ghost shrimp in my 20 g tall
and 2 mystery snail (gold and blue) in a 10 g planted i'm building

Quick question, since I found this thread :D

Since my 10 g planted is just cycled and only has wood+moss in it, do I need to "feed" the tank or will my mystery snails be finding enough food just as it sits?

janky said:
+1 for this idea.
I currently have:
1 Zebra Nerite and 2 Japanese Clear Shrimp (not sure species?) in my 55 g
1 GIGANTIC albino snail, 1 large brown mystery snail, and 2 ghost shrimp in my 20 g tall
and 2 mystery snail (gold and blue) in a 10 g planted i'm building

Quick question, since I found this thread :D

Since my 10 g planted is just cycled and only has wood+moss in it, do I need to "feed" the tank or will my mystery snails be finding enough food just as it sits?

Good to hear from you, janky! Thannks for the support.

I'd loove a pic of your giant albino ^^

Umm mystery snails will not find enough food on their own I believe. I look at the natural circle to answer that one. They don't really harm plants, so they can't be eating too much out of them, therefore, they won't have too much of a food source. I'd supplement :)

Id think an easy way to tell would be if you see them scavenging more than their lazy butts like to usually move.

AGH I just figured out this is in getting started...

I meant to start this thread in general discussion.

Would a mod please move this if they see it?

Woot! This was moved.

I wondered why there wasn't too much more chatter.

Let the 200 odd people always in general discuss their love for inverts!

On a side note, to keep from an annoying triple post..

I really like my pond snails. I have about 10 adults and they are in no way overpopulating the tank.

They're fun to watch, and occasionally the oddballs will 'walk' across the surface of the water as if it was the glass. So cute..

Am I odd or have I just not experienced other snails' personalities?

I actually went and got a few pond snails and ramshorn from a pond not far away from here, they are doing quiet a good job cleaning up the tank. I also threw about 10 into my pool to reproduce, my nephew is wanting a dwarf puffer and I do believe I'll be getting me some assassin snails. Imagine it you're watching your tank and bam a low speed hot persuit begins right in front of your eyes! You watch intently ask the speed across the substrate at the amazing rate of 1/2 an inch an hour! Yeah that can keep me entertained for hours i think (I'm easily amused)!

That would most definitely amuse me if I wasn't actually growing attached to the poop machines.

They do a wonderful job of cleaning slime.

Does anybody else have a favorite snail to watch? Maybe one I should buy for my planted? :D

Severum mama keeps the 'Tylomelania sp. poso orange' and I can find nothing about it online. I'd love to purchase one or two, but I don't know anything about it.

I heard mystery snails are huge poop machines lol.

Would ramshorns add any benefit to the proposed balance of my 5gal thread in my signature? Sorry to make you dig :\

Why not just get all the info from Severum mama? I mean what beter source of info that someone you know and trust, and that owns them?

Not a bad thought, but she is always so busy! I'm afraid to contact her other than to say 'I'm buying this!" *Gives cash and runs away*

Lol.

Lmao well if ya think about it she has fish, she's on a forum, I'd imagine she actually enjoys talking about them! Don't you?

I'm sure she'd be willing to talk about them. I have very limited experience with rabbit snails, I believe they are plant eaters, but they look awesome.

I personally have a varied group of snails, I mentioned my favorites, but I also have pond snails, MTS (somewhere), olive nerites, and a few elimia sp. (look like black MTS that don't hide).

Snails in general don't overrun a tank unless something is out of wack. I like the nice colored mystery snails the most because they are large, but the bright pink/orangeish color of the ramshorns is nice as well.

Y'all make me seem illogical! Lol.

Thanks, I'll definitely be PMing her.

Thanks for the snail info, jeta. I'll put a little research into each snail you mentioned.

Thanks, Austin!

That rules them out immediately :\ they're pretty, too.

I love inverts because they are easy to breed and just as cool as fish.

MABJ said:
Also time will tell on the number of invert lovers! You just never know.

We've got 4 pages of chat here so far.. Been active for a day in the wrong thread area lol.

Yeah haha if they weren't I would have like 4 already lol but yeah, I personally think they are pretty cute lol

That's true! I know Siva is an invert lover too, I haven't seen him around for a little while now, hope everything's ok:/ but I wonder how we can try to get an invert sub forum here. Maybe show some mods how popular this thread gets? Or how many views it has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom