Iphone app issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlk

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! I invested in an iphone 4s a couple of months ago and love the AA app!! But, I run into the same issue every few weeks. I will click on a forum area (say fw gen disc) and it will list the most recent questions. If I click on a question, the persons name appears but what it written beneath it appears as a blank box. Then the responses are listed beneath with the users name but blank boxes appear as well underneath. Refreshing the page(s) results in the questions disappearing altogether and just the heading is listed (ie, fw gen disc). If I refresh it again, this disappears as well. The only way I have been to 'fix' the issue is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Then it works fine again for a couple of weeks until the same thing starts all over again. And I uninstall and reinstall again. I dont have this issue with any other apps on my phone. Is this a resolvable app issue or something else? Thanks!!!

It is an issue with the app. However you should be able to just shut down the app and restart it (by double clicking home button, holding on aquarium app, and touching the - symbol) instead of reinstalling.

Agreed, the app is how I access the site most days. If something doesn't load, I simple close the app (via double tapping the home button then holding each individual app until an "X" appears, ten pressing the "X"). Turning the app back on usually fixes the problem. If that doesn't, I do it again then it's fixed.

Thanks for the info!!! I will try this method next time! Is this something that may eventually be resolved? Thanks!

I'm wondering if this is just a problem with the iphone and not the ipad. I use my ipad and never have seen this issue.

I have never seen it happen on my iPad either but it happens occasionally on my iPhone.

It is a known issue with the developer and it will eventually be fixed in future releases. Please bear in mind that the app is 1. Free and 2. Developed by a third party so we have little control over the frequency and quality of updates.

I've never had this problem on ipad or android. It must be limited only to iphone.

Back
Top Bottom