Is a good deal a 80 g for $120 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did it include lights, and tops? If so it sounds like a decent deal. How old is the tank? Did all the silicone look good? Is the stand wood, or particle board, or MDF. all things to consider to decide if its a deal or not;)

Here is

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120715_085006.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120715_085006.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20120715_085052.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120715_085052.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 81
Don't get me wrong, I was not putting down the tank, or the deal. Just trying to make sure you didn't get a bad tank, or a stand that won't hold up to water spills. Our money comes to hard to get cheated on a deal. If the seller is co-operative might ask to see the tank full of water,

I would try for $100, you are still going to need to put up some more money. Assuming you need lighting like foster53 said, and adding more filtration. If it has a nice stand, that would be a good deal. If it just has a metal frame I think you could do better IMO.

That looks good, worth $120. If you can get it for $100 thats a bonus. Definitely a wooden stand, looks like oak marine grade plywood.(y)

How much do you think im going to spend to set up the tank if I buy it becose goona need more filtration and heater ,

Did the tank come with lighting? Tops? You can get a decent heater for about $30 The filtration cost will depend on what type you go with. A canister filter will be anywhere from $140 on up depending on size and brand. You could put 2 HOB filters on for less $ The aquaclear 110's are good filters, and zero maintenance cost. No filter cartridges to buy.

Basically a complete set up then. The heater, substrate, background and decos are just minor things to pick up. I would say its a pretty good deal. The stand new would cost more than the asking price for everything. The filter that comes with it might work for a while, if you keep your bio-load very low. If you like the set up, and are comfortable with the price, then you should consider purchasing it. On a personal note I would want to see it full of water to make sure it don't leak. But that is just me:whistle:

Where I live that would cost £800 if not more! Get it get it get it! Only reason it's so expensive is because all the aquariums are designer , the shops don't have their own.

Back
Top Bottom