Is Ambulia illegal?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eco23

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was told by a member (of a different site) that Ambulia is federally prohibited and illegal in home aquaria. Is there any truth to this as far as you know?

I just checked that out and it says that in some places it is some its not. But in general the trading/selling of it is ilegal in most all places. But actually having it in your aquarium I don't think is ilegal, but apparently it grows like a weed, which is why it is ilegal in some places

Many plants are considered illegal primarily because they can cause serious infestations if they are released into the wild.

So - while you probably won't get arrested if a cop sees your aquarium - it is a good rule of thumb that ALL excess aquarium plants should be thoroughly destroyed and then thrown in the DRY trash.

Aquarium plants (no matter how big or small) should NEVER be flushed, or put down any "aquatic" disposal. (Some plants can even survive the garbage disposal)

Hmm...well then I guess it's a good thing I don't have any and only "mistakenly" listed it in my profile. :)

Back
Top Bottom