Is API Nitra-Zorb in Quarantine tank useful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Hi all,
Background: I'm running a quarantine tank which could be going for a few weeks. It's newly set up and treating sick neon tetras. I'm doing daily water changes but concerned about ammonia, etc build-up. Also concerned that any bb that do build up (although time frame short) could be wrecked by any treatments.

Question: I picked up some API nitra-zorb. Can I ask if it is effective? Also if anyone has found any issues with it, particularly in use with any medical treatments. For example it says to re-charge in salt so I assume that if I treat with salt (just in theory) it would be absorbing and discharging at the same time? Many thanks. If needed, I can copy in the thread on the sick neons (or attach it or something).

I'd skip it as daily water changes will be far more effective in terms of fish health and maintaining proper water conditions.

I'd skip it as daily water changes will be far more effective in terms of fish health and maintaining proper water conditions.

Many thanks for the reply and makes good sense. I'll still do the water changes but this is like a backup. I figure it is worth a try unless, well, I've missed any issues with it? For example, if the QT goes on for a month then there is a good chance I will be away the odd night.

Back
Top Bottom