is coralife good enough for dwarf baby tears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have three light fixtures on my 55 gallon two are 24in and the 3rd is a 36in light fixture in two of the fixtures I have a 10 k coralife bulb and one 50/50 I believe all together it is 60 watts is that enough carpet dbt(dwarf baby tears) and also is co2 essential in a planted tank I use root tabs for my plants idk if that is enough

At 60 watts they would be t5 normal output bupbs at most. At that point, they arent powerful enough to carpet that particular plant. I would say at most you have very low end medium light and even then thats pushing it. So you shouldnt need co2 either for your tank.

Not enough light. The 50/50 bulb is not an ideal spectrum for a planted tank either. And, IMO, if you add more light, you should run pressurized co2 or dose heavy with a liquid carbon consistently. I've only had great success with carpeting dwarf baby tears in my moderate-high lit tank with co2. It also needs a comprehensive fertilizer regimen like PPS-Pro or the EI method. It's not an easy plant. It's not hard either once you do your homework though, and give it all three of those needs: 30+ PAR of light, co2, and fertilizers (root tabs won't suffice).

Last edited:
What kind of plants can I get that will do well in my tank then? Are there even any plants that don't need high output light

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom