Is Gary dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Gary has been laying in one spot of the tank for two weeks. Yesterday and today he looks like this. When I netted him and put him in a hospital tank, his body went completely in the shell. A friend said that if he goes in, he is alive. I don't know if that is true. But he looks dead. He doesn't smell bad. So what's the verdict? Here is a photo.1485378599557.jpg

Yup, what she said! When his body falls out if you pick up the shell he's a goner. And he would stink - bad.

How is the tank's water parameters?

Often there's no confusion with the smell lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, what she said! When his body falls out if you pick up the shell he's a goner. And he would stink - bad.

How is the tank's water parameters?
I need to go have it checked. All my bottles disappeared to do tests and I'm out of strips. Lost a fish today that I just got weeks ago. So maybe it's connected, this strangeness.

Check the smell often, that snail will nuke any tank if it dies and it is left for over a day.

Check the smell often, that snail will nuke any tank if it dies and it is left for over a day.
I am about to lose my second fish since removing him. He doesn't smell. I HAVE to take my dad to PT. So a water change is going to have to wait for a couple of hours. I hate that because I don't have time since noticing Bono basically having a seizure til I have to leave to acquire him to new water OR do a pwc. I hope he makes it til the pwc. Cause I am kind of freaking out.

He died. The hospital tank smelled and green water came out of his shell. I lost 2 fish today. So I did a PWC in the main.

Back
Top Bottom