Is it ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
K so iv had these fish for about three months now and two of them have these white looking things on their sides,btw they are both platys...they are not itching against anything.is it ich or just they're natural fins?

They are all hiding and I have a really bad camera sorry.how many treatments does it take with the tablets usually

And also..try not to kill me for this but I haven't changed the water in a month..is that part of the problem?

So how many treatments usually until it's cured

Ich isn't really a white looking thing. Its a buncha white spots. Like salt. Google images it to compare.

I bumped up the ph a lot like a week ago cause it was low.can this help cause ice?

Okay...the reason I asked is because, I was wondering if your ammonia was high enough to give your fish some infections when the water was not changed for a month. It could be possible.

Ok I no bad pic but it's all I could get...those little crystals.it's a lot more like crystals in person..could that be ick?

Attachments

• image-311571039.jpg
    image-311571039.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 56
I can't tell. But you don't need to do anything with your ph. Your fish will adjust to it. Adding any additives or anything to change it can make it swing which is bad for fish.

Ick manly starts at the lips, tail and eyes then cover the body, with your pics its hard to tell sorry

But any white. Crystaly things on the side is bad correct?I mean are some fish made that way?

Well some fish have patterns on them, dolmation mollies for example, all i can advise is to watch and see if it gets worse

Sry bout that..ok well I just did a 35% water change...added one tablespoon of salt and that ick medicines been in there for a couple hours...i guess now just wait...

Back
Top Bottom