Is my aquarium over-stocked???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leahjb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish2:
I have a 215L (57 US gal) planted freshwater tank and I think it might be overstocked. The ammonia and nitrite levels are both at zero, and the fish all have plenty of room to swim around, but still I just want to make sure its not overstocked.... I have...
14 x Neon tetras
6 x Glowlight tetras
3 x Long-fin spotted danios
6 x Rummynose tetras
4 x Harlequins
3 x Glass bloodfin tetras
2 x Baby platties
3 x Mollies
2x Congo tetras
4x Red fin tetras
3 x Golden algae eaters
2 (or 3, they are good at hiding) x kuhli loaches
1 x peppered corey
1x rainbow shark

could someone please help :cool:
:thanks:

If I'm not mistaken you have 54 fish in there. That is wwwaaaaayyyyyyyy overstocked. You would need at least an 100+ gallon tank to hold all of them, if not more.

Have you checked aqadvisor.com?
They seem a little on the conservative side, but it's a good guideline.

Welcome to AA,

I don't think your overstocked, although I'd recommend removing the 3 golden algae eaters since they become large, useless, and boisterous. Then I'd actually add more fish, specificity increasing your cory count to 5-7 and possibly filling into your smaller tropical schools.

I would also remove the shark. The bioload of the other fish is minimal...in other words they aren't big poopers. If the fish you had were messier, I wouldn't keep that many in there. The golden algae eaters as adults are a pain and they quit eating algae.

Looks way over stocked to me. I wouldn't add any more fish if it were my tank.

Back
Top Bottom