Is my cycle complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natedogg569

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So Sunday I did a water change after seeing my Nitrite level went down to 0ppm. I checked it yesterday and just right now today and the Nitrite and Ammonia level are still at 0ppm. I know I have Nitrates in it because I have performed 2 Nitrate tests awhile back. Seeing that I did my water changed Sunday and added:
x2 Sunfire Platy
x1 Red Wag Platy
x1 Lyre-Tail Dalmation Molly
x2 Creamcicle Molly
x1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
x1 Fire Red Dwarf Gourami

yesterday, and just this morning my Nitrite and Ammonia read 0ppm. Is my cycle finished?

Looks like your done, just keep checking for nitrates - you should be showing some at least. If your at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and some nitrates your finished!

Looks like your done, just keep checking for nitrates - you should be showing some at least. If your at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and some nitrates your finished!

Well I hate the Nitrate test because it is just a pain in the rear but from when I have done Nitrate test, there were Nitrates in the tank which means there a probably Nitrates right now

natedogg569 said:
Well I hate the Nitrate test because it is just a pain in the rear but from when I have done Nitrate test, there were Nitrates in the tank which means there a probably Nitrates right now

You might consider doing a nitrate test. When a "cycle" "completes" the nitrate level can be very high.

Well I had my Ammonia spike and I had my Nitrite spike and before I did my water change Sunday (when Nitrites hit 0ppm) my Nitrate was around 10-20ppm

Excellent! Looks like you are good to go. I would run tests daily for the next couple/few days just to make sure everything is stable.

Well Ive done Nitrite and Ammonia tests everyday since Sunday when I did the water changed and Ammonia and Nitrite have been at 0ppm

I know right API's nitrate test is such a pain shake this bottle like your trying to kill someone and once your done start shaking this one to hell lol

I know right API's nitrate test is such a pain shake this bottle like your trying to kill someone and once your done start shaking this one to hell lol

I know right. 30 seconds for the second bottle and then 1 minute for the test tube.

Back
Top Bottom